Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2020

Music Review - Fun Lovin' Criminals - Come Find Yourself


And here we go with another review. Now that I discussed their album "100 % Colombian", I can discuss their first one "Come Find Yourself" too. TBH, I used to live it, but looking back no, I cannot understand it anymore after I gave it another listen. Too many songs sound similar, and in general the music is swallowed by the (generic) lyrics. Just crime and mafioso gangsters. Even though I must say that "Passive/Aggresive" (which varies between bluesy alternative rock and brass), "The Grave And The Constant" (cool acid jazz rhythm), "I Can't Get With That" (bluesiest FLC song) and "The King Of New York" (jazz/funk crossover) do stand out from the rest since they are very much focused on the music and show a good melody. The two hits "Fun Lovin' Criminal" and "Scooby Snacks", which both lead me to the band's music in the first place, are just average and pretty annoying to say the least. And the jazz standard "We Have All The Time In The World"... it just doesn't feel right here. The most part of the album is just a Beastie Boys copy (and honestly, the Beastie Boys are crap anyways). Sorry. It is overall just a mediocre album looking back. It isn't bad, but not good either, with some exceptions. This and the third album "Loco" do have some single songs that I love to go back to, but as a whole album only "100 % Colombian" works. Nevertheless, looks like FLC will remain part of my life, at least with 10-15 songs lol.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen