Freitag, 3. Juli 2020

Gaming Review: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)



OK folks. So much crap going on so I'll move on to something else. I've thought about doing reviews on games and music for a while now, so here's my first one. Gran Turismo 5.
I didn't play much GT before, so I had troubles getting used to the controls, since you don't hit the throttle by pressing R2, but by pushing the right joystick forward (and you break by pushing it backwards, which at least makes breaking more comfortable).
It is a very good game, even though that doesn't say much since there has never been a bad Gran Turismo. The map sadly doesn't look as great as in Gran Turismo 4, and many tracks had to be removed too thanks to the large amount of cars, but the fact that we finally had Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and Bughatti for sure makes up for that!
Also it was the last Gran Turismo to feature the used car dealer. Hopefully we'll see it again in GT7!
Another highlight are all the extra missions, like racing futuristic red bull cars against Sebastian Vettel or experiencing rallying.
The cars also are great, like I said, we finally had Ferrari and Lamborghini cars, and nearly all cars from GT1-4 returned. With more than 1,000 cars, there's definitely a lot to explore. The tuning system was not perfect, but better than in GT4.
Also the jazz music playing in the background gives me chills. The music during the races... well, it coulda been better, but guess what? You can put your own music from your computer on the PS3 (with an USB stick) and then import it to GT5 (works in GT6 too). Why can't we have that anymore? Let's hope it will be possible again at the PS5.
So overall it is one of the games with the biggest replay value. We can argue about the controls and the damage system, but other than that it is a strongly enjoyable game.
I just wonder where my booklet has gone. I may have lost it or thrown it away by accident... silly me :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen